Sunday 29 December 2013

Winter Wonderland.

Winter is often associated with being magical and this year, for me, it was. Not only did my boyfriend and I find the perfect place to celebrate Christmas and New Year, we found somewhere special to celebrate our half a year anniversary together.

Visiting Stockeld Park for a night was an amazing surprise from my boyfriend! (Thankyou!) As I have said in a previous post, I love the mystical and supernatural aspects so an enchanted atmosphere was lovely to experience.

There is of course an enchanted forest which you can either walk through or hire skis for Nordic skiing. We did both. The Nordic skiing was new to me but was definitely fun and was even better to do at night. There was a maze to walk through and it looked so pretty under the moonlight with fairy lights placed well along the hedges - providing an even more 'magical' setting. There is an ice rink too, I love ice skating and holding my boyfriends hand under the amazingly clear starry sky again emphasised the magical qualities of the park. 

Before leaving, we had to get a hot chocolate from the cafe to prepare us for a cosy trip back to the hotel. It was beautiful and I really hope to go again.



Good Night! x

No comments:

Post a Comment