Thursday 10 July 2014

Roses and Jars.

It's the summer holidays and after finishing college, I have the time to focus on myself and relaxing. I love designing and I love being creative and I feel that one of the ways I express both my personality and creativity is through the presentation of my bedroom - the personality of most people is often reflected through the appearance of their bedroom because this is their own personal space.

My grandma wanted  to plant some roses in the garden so that it would appear more aesthetically pleasing and so this morning, I offered to help her. Walking through stores such as B&Q and Homebase is interesting for me because I really like the ideas I create when imagining what I could do with both the interior and exterior of a room, house or garden.

I found these simple yet classy and effective items whilst looking around and thought they would do great as storage and display for small items in my room.


I filled this jar with the remains of the 'Lush' bubble-bath and soap my boyfriend bought for me for Christmas last year. Although there is not a lot to even half fill the at the moment, I  do plan to purchase more as I think that the cosmetics 'Lush' provides will produce a colourful feature to effectively stand out on the white cabinet in my bedroom.



I think these jars are cute. They are smaller than the one above and I chose them with a tint of light blue because blue is one of my favourite colours. Originally I bought them to store my nail varnish but the jars are smaller than I expected and are therefore too small. So I stored my hair grips in one because I use them regularly. I am undecided about what to store in the other.


This one is my favourite purchase today! I was going to buy three and stack them but after debating for about five minutes, I decided to take one. I think it is a lovely way to make items stand out clearly and I think it works well as a pretty presentation for my perfume. If I change my mind, I think I will look for a smaller one, and one smaller than the second one, so I can stack them as a three to display a range of items together.

The fairy lights are a beautiful finishing touch.


No comments:

Post a Comment