Thursday 18 September 2014

Reading and Lily Flame Candles.

I have noticed 'the reading habits tag' a few times over the past month and I have been eager to do it myself as I love reading! After coming across a similar post on Natalie's blog, 'youralmostalice', I have been inspired to finally write my own response.
'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay' by Suzanne Collins


1. Do you have a certain place for reading at home?
I like to light a candle and sit in my chair in the corner of my room. 'Fairy Dust' by 'Lily Flame' is my favourite candle to use when I need to relax.

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
I think I need a bookmark; I usually end up folding the corner of the page, oops!

3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or certain number of pages?
I have to stop reading at the end of a chapter, otherwise I am lost and I have to read the whole thing again.

4. Do you eat or drink when reading?
No, not unless there is a box of maltesers or a cup of coffee nearby?

5. Do you watch TV or listen to music when reading?
I can't do either of them whilst reading, I like to be completely absorbed in the book I am reading.

6. One book at a time or several at once?
I prefer to read one at a time. I think the story or characters can be followed and understood better that way.

7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Everywhere. Especially outdoor places including the park, near a waterfall or on the beach.

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Silently! I don't think I could concentrate if I read out loud.

9. Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?
Sometimes, if I get really emotional about a story, I will skip to the end to take a peek, hoping the ending works out okay. I think I have skipped a few pages for these reasons too.

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
I try preserve them but I find it so hard when I need to travel a lot or read them over and over again. I suppose a worn out cover means a well loved story? 

11. Do you write in your books? 
Never!

12. What are you currently reading?
Fifty Shades Freed by E L James. 

I have a 'Goodreads' account too, find me on this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment