Wednesday 3 September 2014

The Little Black Satchel.

When I first started blogging, I listed quite a few things I wanted to talk about. One of those things included beauty and fashion, however, I feel as though I have neglected this area a bit. Therefore, I thought I would start with a post about my top three bags at the moment. A bag is both a useful and decorative accessory that is used by most girls, most days and so I think it is a relevant topic to give a sense of my fashion personality and style.



The clutch was a bag I bought in December last year for Christmas events, although I have used it most times on nights out or other events because it is simple and works well with almost everything. In my 'August Favourites' post, I mentioned that I have recently become a fan of rose gold; I love the rose gold details on this bag and I think it creates a simple yet bold feature.



The handbag was given to me as a present for my nineteenth birthday and has been used for special occassions. I like how the bow produces a dramatic statement. I think it looks very cute and pretty yet the colour scheme of black and cream suggests a more sophisticated style. The boldness of it's aspects and the cream on faded black makes it difficult to wear with other items and colours but I do love the style of the bag on its own.




I love the satchel as it is a smaller and classier alternative to an ordinary messenger or shoulder bag. It was bought for my eighteenth birthday and I have had lots of use out of it. It is a bag I am using every day at the moment and I have found it works well for most every day things including going shopping, cinema dates, restaurants, college, interviews and so on. My most favourite staple piece! It was designed by one of my favourite designers, Henry Holland, who originally studied graphic design but who now works in fashion. He is one of my artist inspirations.

I have included three different types of bags that can be used for both the everyday and night time look. The grounds have been created using magazines and a mood board I produced to inspire my graphic design work.



No comments:

Post a Comment