Sunday 14 September 2014

The Edge of Love.

In my previous post 'Cinema and Chocolat' I wrote that 'I think [films] are essential for both entertainment and for identifying yourself within the story; whether it is with a character, a plot or expressing an interest'.  I love historical drama and romance films and I suggested my interest for this genre in my post, 'The Classics'. So in this post I am going to list a few films that follow on from the list I made before.

(From Top to Bottom) The Edge of Love, Mary Antoinette, Casanova, The Other Boleyn Girl, 
Atonement, Pride & Prejudice, The Duchess.

I have spent money, again, on films. Oops! This time I bought seven and therefore, for the next seven days from Monday to Sunday, I plan to watch one a day. I have seen some of them before and I do recommend watching all of them if you are a fan of literature, historic events and different time periods, as well as romance, drama and pretty dresses detailed with frills, lace and ribbons. After watching 'The Edge of Love', I am sure I won't be able to put red lipstick down for weeks. Most of these films star Keira Knightley, (my boyfriend has told me he thinks she is my girl crush), but I do honestly think she portrays her characters very well.

It is my final week before I start my first year at University so I think doing things that allow me to focus on myself and clear my mind is essential; this includes switching off my phone, cuddling up in blankets and watching a film.

No comments:

Post a Comment